Stacy Nash Primitive Designs
6844 Silver Tree Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46236

stacy.nash@att.net


Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Let It Snow Ornament...






This sweet little ornament can be finished in a few different ways and it's a great size to use up all those little scraps of linen you have laying around.
This can be stitched on any count linen....over 2 strands of linen or just over 1 strand.
I like to stitch it with a good red color thread.....like DMC 221 or Gentle Arts Mulberry on a dirty color linen or just cream color.

You could use a piece of wool or any type of cotton fabric for the back.
Place right sides together and stitch 1/4" seam leaving an opening for turning.
Turn and press.
Stuff with cotton or wool scraps.
Whipstitch opening closed and finish the seams with tiny little X's.
Add a ribbon for hanging and maybe a couple little rusty bells and it's a sweet little ornament.

Or, cut a piece of cardboard just a little larger than your design.
Cover one side of the cardboard with cotton batting and position your linen on the batting.
Wrap the raw edges around the cardboard and glue down on the back.
Cut a piece of wool for the other side of the cardboard and whipstitch the wool and linen edges together.
Add a little ribbon for hanging and you have yourself an ornament to hang on the tree or on a nicely wrapped present.



Mittens is getting so big now.
She's worn herself out chasing Phoebe and the dogs around this morning.
And she discovered that there's a fish in the fish tank so she spent a lot of time staring him down.
Never turn your back on a fish in a tank : )

She's cute when she's sleeping but if you're trying to cut tinsel and ribbon for kits she turns into a real pain.
I can't tell you how many times she was put in 'time out' during that process.
I mean....it was funny at first.....she would grab long pieces of ribbon and run off with it turning the house into an obstacle course.  
But then every time I would sit down to do a little work there she was.....just waiting for me to touch something so she could pounce on it.....or lay on the paper that I'm trying to read....or sit in my lap when I need to get up.
Oh my.....she's just lucky that she's so darn cute.
Phoebe just looks at me with her ears pinned back in annoyance....I can hear her saying ' I told ya so '
 
Happy Stitching my friends...
 
Smiles,
Stacy
 



 
 

17 comments:

cucki said...

Aww cute pattern..me love it..
I love mitten ..maloo is saying hi :)
Hugs x

Jeanne said...

love the pattern! thanks so much

Roberta said...

Thanks for the pattern! We have a new kitten too and she seems to have more energy than others we've had. Same thing--grabbing thread as I'm trying to sew or finding things I've pinned together and trying to pull the pins out. Have to remember how to kitty-proof the home! Roberta

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Thanks for the sweet stitchery! Happy Holidays to you.

Shirlee said...

Thank you : ) Did you get my email about the stocking? I'd really like to get that pattern : )

Lida said...

Love the pattern and the lovely cat! Greetings
Lida

Friendship Crossing said...

LOVE the freebie~thanks so much!!

Tanya

moosecraft said...

Mittens is a cutie pie! Thanks for the ornament pattern! I might try the cardboard technique as I have not finished any ornaments that way before...

Myra said...

Thank you for the sweet freebie. Mittens sure is a cutie. My Bogey used to "help" me all the time. :o)

jennifer768 said...

Thanks for the pattern! Mittens is adorable!Christmas blessings,Jen

Kathy B. said...

Stacy, thank you for the cute ornament design. I hope to get one stitched soon with some overdyed floss I purchased recently. Mittens sounds a bit naughty - much like our cat, Felix. How in the world do you get Mittens to stay in "time out?"

Pat said...

OH, Mittens you are beautiful. Enjoy your Christmas, but don't eat tinsel. It's a no-no.

Merry Christmas to you you all!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Thanks Stacy for a wonderful ornament design.
Mittens is soooo adorable!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Bridgidk said...

What an adorable stitching pattern! I think I will stitch one up tomorrow just to see how cute it is. Thank You!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely blog, beautiful stitching and designs! Always a pleasure to visit.
Warm regards
RobbieB

Ann said...

Stacy, Thanks so much for the free pattern. I've stitched it up, shared on my blog today and linked to your post here for my friends. Happy New Year. ~Ann

Christina said...

Hi Stacy, thank you so much for this freebie. I've stitched it twice already! ;0) My blog is whilstirisnaps.blogspot.com. I've posted about the dove grey finish but have also stitched it on natural linen with lurex and it looks amazing. This particular finish is for an exchange so I can post about it as yet.